1. For Mother’s Day I spent the day at work. I worked from 8-4 selling last minute cards, chocolate and various other gifts for other mother’s. Tara and I did have a day before Mother’s Day “date”. We went to see Dark Shadows, had a nice lunch at Ruby Tuesday, did a little shopping and went for a sunset drive around Lake Galena.
2. What is your favorite dish that your Mom makes? My favorite dish from growing up would have to be her meatloaf. She also makes great salmon cakes! Those are two of the things when on the menu that I let her make!!!
3. Who are you a “Mom” too? Tara, she’s 15!
4. What did you have for Mother’s Day dinner? Ziti that Tara helped me put together on Saturday night so Mom just had to pop it in the freezer.
5. What is your fondest memory of your Mom? My Mom is a VERY strong woman. She lost at son when he was 19 and my dad when he was just 62. She has done things that many women would not consider doing, including pulling a 24 foot travel trailer to many camping events! On one such trip she there was a malfunction with the hitch system, and the Suburban and trailer she was pulling flipped over. Mom was traveling with another family, who after the accident was cleared, loaded her and her “stuff” into their car and continued on her way! She didn’t tell ANY of us back home until she was back home!
I’m running behind as usual this morning, so for this freebie week, I’m picking a couple of my “new” favorite songs that play on the loop at work. We’ve recently had our “channel” changed to a better selection, and although most are a couple to a few years old, I enjoy them!
John Mraz – I’m Yours